Work With Us
NOW HIRING: FOOD PRODUCTION SPECIALIST
Compensation commensurate with experience,
plus Gym Access and Daily Shift Meal
The Food Production Specialist is responsible for ensuring all client-based food production projects are completed in a timely manner with the highest quality products delivered. A qualified food manufacturing professional or chef will work with staff and clients to develop and refine recipes, and scale production to serve local farming and food businesses. This part-time position is planned to grow into a full time role over time with added responsibilities in business development, entrepreneur mentoring, retail food production, and operations support. Some evening and weekend work may be required, however most shifts will be scheduled Tuesday-Thursday between 9:00am to 5:00pm.
- Work with kitchen staff to test, refine, and scale wholesale recipes.
- Guide co-packing clients in recipe development and appropriate scaling based on goals.
- Coordinate with Operations Manager to place ingredient orders, with an emphasis on sourcing ingredients as locally as possible.
- Develop and manage a cost analysis for each wholesale and co-packing product and provide advice related to retail and wholesale pricing of products based on costs and market.
- Exercise the utmost discretion with regard to recipes, production techniques, and trade secrets.
FOOD PRODUCTION & PACKAGING
- Coordinate with the Operations Manager to receive orders and schedule production, including ingredient and packaging orders, staffing, and delivery.
- Oversee and implement the production of wholesale and co-packing client food products and ensure the highest food safety and quality standards are maintained throughout processing.
- Consult on packaging for wholesale and co-packing client products, and arrange orders.
- Ensure products meet all food safety standards, including packaging and labeling.
STAFF TRAINING & QUALITY CONTROL
- Train kitchen staff in the proper preparation, packaging, and labeling of all wholesale and co-packing products to support efficient and timely production schedules.
- Ensure that all products meet client specifications and address issues as needed.
- Strong leadership skills, entrepreneurial spirit, and the ability to train and motivate staff to maintain the highest quality and food safety standards.
- Experience with recipe development, scaling, and production/manufacturing of food products.
- Valid Suffolk County Food Managers Certificate or Serv-Safe Food Managers Certificate, or willingness to obtain.
- Intermediate Spanish-language skills
- Commitment to the mission of Amagansett Food Institute, and supporting local farmers & food producers
- Knowledge of New York State Department of Agriculture & Markets and federal food standards.
- Physical ability to lift up to 40 lbs and stand for full days during production in the kitchen.
- Familiarity with local farming and food community on the East End of Long Island, NY.
- Bilingual in English and Spanish.
To apply, send resume and cover letter to email@example.com.